Wordpress SEO - Make Your Blog Search Engine Friendl

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

As I dicussed in my previous post SEO for Wordpress in my old post, I'll tell you some more ways to make your blog search engine friendly so that it can get on top of Google. The things which I will tell you now are simple and easy to follow and if you are lost somewhere just ask and I will be here to help you out. As I told you to do some changes in your theme files and add meta tags or install All in one Seo Pack. Now I ll give you some more tips that will help you blog for sure. Lets start...

1.Permalinks: Now for those who are new to blogging and don't know what permalinks are, here is a quick information about what permalinks are. A permalink is a URL that points to a specific blog or forum entry after it has passed from the front page to the archives.

2. Change the page title as well to improve the readability of you blog posts. Page title is the thing used by search engine to link your pages so chose a proper page title.

3. Google Sitemap : Google Sitemap allows webmasters and site owners to feed it pages they'd like to be included in Google's web index. So create a sitemap and submit it to google via webmaster tools. If you don't know how to make a sitemap, just install Google Sitemap Generator Plugin or visit XML-Sitemaps to create your google sitemap. Ever wonder why sitemap is so important. There are two reasons for that

* Newly updated content will be crawled by Googlebots very quickly

* Improves search engine visibility as it will be able to go through all the pages you have created

4. The Last step is the submission to different blog directories. Submit your site to different blog directories and article submission site which I also mention in one of my posts regarding Link Building. It just builds your backlinks and your page appears higher in search engines as I mentioned in my other post as well.

0 comments: